Tuesday, November 9, 2010

3 Month Bandiversary!

I noticed earlier that my ticker says it's been three months since I was banded.  3 months and 36.2 pounds! Not too shabby, if I say so myself.

Things that have changed for the better for me in the last 3 months:
~Clothing sizes, I was a solid 22/24 and now can wear some 14's!
~Self confidence!
~Mind set about food, I eat to live instead of living to eat now!
~Attitude!
~Stamina!
~Sex drive!
~Outlook on life in general!

I don't feel deprived at all. I can pretty much eat whatever I want in a small portion. Bread/rice/pasta is off my menu for the most part but I'm OK with that. The only thing I can think of that I would truly like to have again would be a guacamole bacon burger from a local burger place. Yummo! Even sans bun I don't think I could do it justice so I'm not really tempted to try.


I had a couple of strange things happen today that made me wonder for a split second if I was possibly pregnant which is highly unlikely since my tubes are tied.  I did a little bit of research and it is totally normal for this to happen with rapid weight loss. Unnerving but normal.

Does your band have a name? Mine does not, at least not yet. Does your band have a personality? Mine is a bit of a wall flower, laid back ,easy going you'd never even know she's in there not until you pile a little too much on top of her a little too quickly. Then she'll make you beg for mercy or at least a good PB. I am not very creative when it comes to naming inanimate objects. The Hubster came up with Obie Wan Bandobi, Inner Sphincter, and my Squeeze to name a few. I was thinking more along the lines of a human name, I am certainly not going to excuse myself in mixed company citing trouble with my Inner Sphincter! Any suggestions?

16 comments:

Nikki P said...

LOL, your funny hubby

Amanda said...

Inner Sphincter! LOL

Libby said...

I've named my band Fiona. Not sure why, but I like it. She has no personality yet but that is probably because is she only 1 month old and only had one fill so far. I'm sure she'll grow one soon enough!

Congrats on the weight loss. I am hoping for roughly 10lbs per month as well. That would be the greatest.

Read said...

Congratulations on your bandaversary. I think I just named mine Velma - I was raging about something or other and it just popped out, so maybe it's more accurate to say she named herself?? Good luck with the name, though I do like Obie Wan Bandobi!!

Christine said...

BLAHHAHAHAHAHA! Obi Wan Bandobi! I love that!

My band doesn't have a name but I might have to adopt that one. :-)

Congrats on all the weight loss you've had so far in 6 months! My first 6 months I didn't lose any weight at all! The doctors office kept screwing up my fills. But...even with the screwups, I went from a Size 24 to a Size 4 (maybe a Size 2?!?!?! New development over here!) in two years. It's a absolutely amazing, and I know that you're going to get to that really low weight/size too! Keep doing what you're doing because it's working! :-)
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

Anonymous said...

Great job with the weight loss! My band is very similar to yours in that it keeps pretty quiet and doesn't give me trouble unless I eat too fast. Great band names though.....I do not have a name for mine either. Maybe someday!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your success.

nikki said...

ahahahaa! I LOVE Obi One Bandobi!!!

Happy Bandiversary! A lot of WAY TO GO's going out for your day! Awesome WL and NSV's! :) I call my band Debbs for Debbie Downer (hense the Weight Loss) :) But not officially, just like at home and stuff.

Congrats on your success!!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Congratulations on the weight loss and your 3rd month anniversary !

I love Obi One bandobi too - so original ! Your husband has a quick mind .. I can see your improved "sex drive" has spurred him on to great thoughts :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Band-iversary! You've done SO GREAT! Keep it up!

DaniV said...

Congratulations on all the positive life changes that you've made since your banding. You are doing great, well done!

Amanda Kiska said...

Your husband's a crack-up, but I don't think thse are good band names. They're clever, for sure! I haven't named mine either. Not my thing, I guess.

You are on track to be where I am at 10 months post-op which is 95 lbs. down. Although I'm just barely getting into 14's so you must carry it differently than I do!

Bonnie said...

I would comment, but I'm so jealous that in 3 months you've gone down to a 14! That's amazing. Good for you. My band name is Jeannie. Honestly, I expected a little more from her, but I am losing weight so I can't complain.

Melissa {Suger} said...

Wow. Great result. Congratulations on your 3 month band-aversary.

Jen said...

That's fantastic!! You've really rocked your band! Congrats!

Hungry For Living said...

Way to go!
Your newest follower http://hungryforliving.blogspot.com/