Friday, March 16, 2012

Just Keepin' On

Not much going on around here. I've been eating and sleeping and training amongst the drone of the daily grind that is family life. Andy left Wednesday for business and won't be home until late, late Sunday evening so it's just me and my brood. I'm considering taking them to the Wings Over Water Northwest Birding Festival tomorrow. Their are two free kids workshops that sound like fun; birdhouse building and making bird food. We could also take a ride on the Plover Ferry but that would cost me $25 for all of us.

Weight is holding steady. At least I think it is, I broke my scale trying to change the battery. D'oh well. I am running strong and injury free. *knock on wood*

Race day is 2 weeks from tomorrow. EEK! The closer it gets the more nervous I get about it. I know I can do the distance, that's not my problem. It's stage fright. I've never really run with an audience before. What will I wear?! Only kidding...

I went to town to today to hit up Costco and Value Village. Costco was the nightmare I always imagine it will be. People driving their cars and carts in much the same manner; completely oblivious to those around them. I almost rolled my eye balls right out of my head there today. Value Village was calmer. I have been on a mission to find cute summery dresses to wear since I hit my goal weight last year. Let me tell you, they are hard to come by. Every time I go in there I try on dresses. Today I tried on 10. Two fit in a satisfactory manner but had no wow factor so I chose not to buy them. The other eight, well, they either didn't zip all the way up or made me look like a lumpy stuffed sausage or were just not flattering in some manner. I dropped flippin' 8-10 dress sizes but that doesn't fix being SHORT. I would have had to hook the straps over my ears to get the bust line in the right spot in some of them. I even tried on a couple of strapless ones, one was a sausage casing through the midsection but the bust wasn't too bad, nothing a good strapless bra (I found one but though the tag was the right size it didn't fit properly) couldn't have helped and the other was  just cut all wrong for my body. None of them probably looked as bad as I thought they did but I had no one with me to give me a second opinion. Next weekend I'm going to spend a day with my sister in law. Shopping. Shopping for a dress or two and other summer clothes. My husband is a great second opinion fashion wise I haven't shopped with another *girl* that had her own driver's license in I don't know how many years. I am sooo looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Shopping with your sister-in-law will be fun! It IS always nice to have another woman along for shopping, they give you honest opinions... and normally have you try things you wouldn't normally pick up by yourself. Enjoy yourself!

Justawallflower said...

I'm sure they weren't as bad as you thought, but I have the same issue when I'm shopping by myself. I never end up buying anything unless my husband is there to talk me into it.

Caron said...

I don't like clothes shopping and I can certainly understand the "short" problem. It does make it harder. :)