Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Clothes Shopping!

Yesterday I spent part of the day shopping with my sister in law down in Burlington. We met at the Outlet Mall and checked out every clothing store but Tommy Hilfiger and Lane Bryant.

Can I ask WTF is so great about L.ululemon??? $98 for a frickin' hoody? You have got to be kidding me! $79 for yoga pants? Seriously? The outlet store is marginally less expensive than on-line but still, one hoody was half my budget for the whole day. I was just as shocked by how crowded it was in there, I saw lots of people with arm loads of stuff too. I just can't fathom paying that much per piece and being able to afford more than one at a time.

Anyway, I picked up 3 dresses, a pair of shorts, 2 tank camisole tops, and 2 tops, as well as the tab for lunch at Applebee's for less than $200. Not much less, but I did come home with cash in my wallet.





I cut off those little white worms that were there to hold a "belt" that I don't want to wear.


Hubby calls this one the Mary Ann. ;) tank top camisole underneath
Sorry they're a bit blurry, damn camera. Oh well you get the idea anyway. Sizes range from Small (fuchsia top & white lacy tank from V@n Heusen) to Medium (plaid top & fuchsia tank (not shown) from V@n Heusen) to 8 (blue dress from Bass) to size 10 (Levi's shorts and long brown dress) to Extra Large (white sweater from G@p).  The shorts, brown dress, and orange dress came from a consignment shop.

I tried a dress in the same style as the blue dress on at Dress B@rn that I had to go all the way up to a 12 to get it to zip up around my apparently enormous rib cage but by then the length was all wrong and the neckline was too low, the straps too long, and the bust too big.

All this just goes to show you that you really can't depend on the number on the tag. You just have to keep trying until you find what fits and makes you feel good.

Live, Laugh, Love

12 comments:

A.J. said...

I really like the coral/pink dress. Very nice!!!

Andrea said...

Cute finds!

Ms. M said...

LOVE the coral dress! I would be totally sad that you were that close and I didn't get to see you except I was huffing & puffing my way up those stairs while you were out shopping, lol. That reminds me though, I'm going to be headed to Bellingham for a haircut soon... so maybe we can meet up then. :)

Reggie said...

Great finds! At first I thought you were showing off a new tattoo (I Like).

Rhonda said...

I love the blue dress and the shorts and blouses are super cute, too! :)

jennxaz said...

how fun to go shopping for clothes when you are thin!

Stace said...

the blue dress with the cardigan is darling!!!

Amanda said...

woohoo!!! hot momma!!! LOVE the bright colors on you!!!! :)

Laura Boll said...

You look so great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, great to connect with you!

Kelli said...

love the new clothes, you look amazing in them!

FreeJulie said...

Beautiful! You look great!!

Kelly said...

I really like the black & white print maxi dress a lot! You're looking so good! :-)