Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Want to Ride My Bicycle, I Want to Ride My Biiiike!

It has recently occurred to me that I have never posted a picture of my bicycle. She is a hand me down from my lovely mother who had garaged her after getting a bike with a motor. Not a motorcycle mind you, a bike with a motor. But that's a story for another day. This is Vega with her pal Trek (who belongs to Andy):

Vega (short for Univega) is the blue one

She is a hybrid meaning a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. 21 gears, light weight frame, wide tires, & an upright riding position make for a comfortable ride even over long distances. Out longest ride was 13 miles which we did just last week. We like to go to what we call the hay fields because the roads are closed to vehicles. You can see what I'm talking about HERE I run there too on occasion.
 
I've logged 106 miles biked so far this year. :) It's a great low/no impact cardio work out and fun for the whole family if we can get them to go. Can't wait until the girls are off the training wheels and able to keep up!

Have you ridden a bike lately??

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Sweet Bike!!! I have ridden a bike lately! Ha!

Kelly said...

I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike! I was probably a kid. Not much of a bike person, but my brother is. He'll ride in the mornings for about an hour before work. Bike is nice - have you named her? Some people do, hehe.

Lap Band Gal said...

Enjoy riding your bike, she looks like a keeper :)

MBFL said...

pretty!! Reminds me that I need to get a CO2 cartridge for my tires.

Banded With Favor said...

Love it!! I need new tire tread on my bike so she is resting for another week... I really miss her because these blisters on my feet are for the birds!!! I need my wheels, the God given ones are not in the mood to walk!!!:)

Kiwigirl said...

I love my bike too! I hadn't ridden a bike since school - and hated it. Nearly 40 years later, the 18 speed mountain bike is a pleasure to ride and it's great exercise and heaps of fun. If anyone had told me all those years ago I'd one day own and ride a bike for fun, I'd have thought they were certifiable! Who'd have thought?

Amy said...

I moved my bike to AZ with me 6 years ago and haven't touched it. Flat tires but looks brand new. I'm hoping after reaching Onederland that I'll have some more confidence to put my jiggly ass on that seat again!