Sunday, June 3, 2012

Buster Brown is Here!!!

We hit the road at 3:30am on Friday morning. We stopped for breakfast in Olympia around 6:30am. We rolled into The Dalles, OR right around 11am. We checked in early at the motel and headed over to the shelter. It was love at first sight for all of us. Buster was officially a part of the family by 1pm. All that time in between was spent touring the shelter, meeting some of the other dogs, letting the kids hang out in the cat room, and visiting with my aunt. :) While Andy & Buster took a nap I took the kids to the motel pool. After that we took the kids on a little sight seeing trip. We found the Wasco County Museum but it was rather spendy to get in so we wandered the grounds. The view of the Columbia River was gorgeous!

We then went to Kmart for doggy supplies. Here's Buster chillin' waiting for Andy & the kids to come out.
We went to dinner with my aunt & uncle then over to their house to drop a couple of the kids off to spend the night since they wouldn't let us have 6 people in our motel room. We called over in the morning before heading over to get them and found out that sometime in the night Averill vomited on herself in her sleep. My aunt cleaned her up first thing and let her eat some cereal because Av insisted she felt OK. Yeah, no it didn't stay down. Here we are in front of my aunt's house.

We made a trip to Dollar Tree for portable puke bucket supplies. We had already taken the ice bucket from the room so I picked up mini trash bags to line it, paper towels, zip lock bags, big trash bags, tissues, saltines, and minty gum. We also stopped at Wal*greens for anti-nausea stuff, it didn't help though she lost it all. I sat in the back with her and took care of it as it happened. We still stopped at pretty much every other rest area to walk the dog, stretch our legs and drink the free coffee. We finally got on the road a little after 10am and got home just after 6pm. Thankfully she stopped vomiting around that time and hasn't since, she did however wake up with a fever this morning. What's a road trip with out a little drama?!


This is one awesome dog. He was an awesome traveler. He's playful yet calm. Sweet as can be. Totally chill. We haven't even heard him bark yet, he whined a little when we left him alone in the living room for the night (He ended up sleeping in the kids' room since Andy & I agreed he would not be coming into our bed.) and growled quietly at Lydia's ride on horse. He couldn't care less about the cat and was a perfect gentleman when introduced to the neighbor's dog. The vacuum didn't phase him either.

We are in the honeymoon phase so the kids are still be helpful. Wyatt walked him first thing this morning, he even came and asked permission first too! I fully understand that when the new wears off he'll turn from our dog to my dog but I'm OK with that. :)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

What a trip! He is adorable though.

Vanessa said...

What a cutie!! Congrats!

jennxaz said...

Holy cow what a trip! but what a cutie patootie dog!

Colleen said...

what a cute dog. Congrats!

Liz said...

I love pugs! He is adorable!!! I want one so badly, but I live alone in a tiny apartment, and I don't think it'd be fair to the dog. Somehow, I don't think that'll be a problem in your house.. :)

Holly's hair looks really fun, too! At her age, I was obsessed with dyeing my hair in streaks like that. I miss it sometimes!

SuperMegaAnna said...

That dog is fantastic. The story of his adoptions gives me warm fuzzies. I am such an animal lover. He is so lucky to have you all!

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

I want a pug now!! Oh my gosh. SO cute!!