Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

1. Buster is not quite the little angel I thought he was. It seems he has a bit of separation anxiety. I left him alone, not crated yesterday and went for a bike ride. Little shit stood on an end table and chewed/ruined some of the wooden blinds in my living room.



2. Buster has some crate training and confidence building obedience training in his future. Wish me luck.

3. Friday the 15th is the last day of school for my tribe. It looks like Holly squeaked out a D in math so she won't have to do summer school, thank goodness. She is damn smart and capable but unwilling to do the work until the last possible minute.

4. As I said in #1 I took myself for a bike ride yesterday. I've never done that before. I had to pull the 3rd row seat out of the Suburban to get my bike to fit but there was no way I was starting at my house. There are no roads w/ a safe shoulder to ride on around here. I did 10.02 miles and it was a blast even alone!

5. We have a 3-D archery shoot this weekend. The club (mainly Andy and a few volunteers) sets up life sized foam animal targets. We give out ribbons and door prizes we procured by donation from a local business. I get to help with registration and score tallying, not my favorite but I'll do anything to help my hunny out.

6. I have an eye exam and will choose new glasses next week. I have almost always had someone (usually Andy) help picking my frames since I can't see worth a shit with out my rx lenses. I think I'll pick a couple of pairs and have him go back with me when he gets off work to choose.

7. It's Junuary up here in the Pacific NW. Just lovely.

8. I started with Step 2 of the ASPCA Weekend Crate Training Plan  last night and did another session with him just a little while ago. When we were done he went back into the crate on his own and laid down. That's progress, at first he would only go in part way to retrieve his treat and keep his back feet out!



9. um.

10. um, yeah I've run out of things to talk about....

Have a great day everyone!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh dear. Poor you and poor Buster. Hope the training goes well.

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

I have the funniest pic of my lab as a puppy asleep half in and half out of the crate...you are making great progress!

Vanessa said...

Crate training is the best ~ my yellow dog loved his crate ~ b/w dog not so much! Yay for the bike ride!!!
That is the cutest damn dog ever!!

jennxaz said...

puppies! he will begin to love to go into the crate..his safe place...good luck making it thru the chewing puppy stage!!!! nice bike ride.

Liz said...

He is just soo cute!

Amy S. Petrik said...

Hi Sarah,
I just started my lap band blog yesterday. Hoping to meet other like minded souls.... nice blog. amy