Thursday, September 12, 2013

Ten Things Thursday

1. I ran what I think was my fastest mile to date this morning. Mile 5 of  my supposed to be 3 mile run clocked in at 9:25. Sweet. Love it when the right song comes on at the right moment and spurs an adrenaline rush. Tim McGraw's "How Bad Do You Want It" was first and then I slowed down just a bit while I shuffled up Katy Perry's "Roar". I looked down at my Garmin at one point and I was running at an 8:45 pace. WOW! I sustained 7+ mph for about a half mile before slowing down to let my lungs catch back up. It was awesome!

2. I've told myself as well as others that I have no desire to run a marathon, like ever. But thoughts are creeping into my  mind lately and I actually told my husband the other day that I was thinking about doing one. He didn't tell me I was nuts or ask why or tell me it wasn't possible. He just asked when it would be. Love that man.

3. I'm scared that a marathon will lead to an ultra which will lead to other crazy distance races.

4. I'm still keeping an eye out for a duathlon.

5. Do you ever screw up at work doing stupid shit you know better than to do and make yourself look like an ass right before review time? No? Oh, well me neither.

6. Modern firearm deer season is approaching. I'm excited. I've got all new insulated camo and a new gun to use this year. I will be comfy and well armed. Did I ever spill the story on how I got the new gun? hmmm post material for a later date I'm thinking. :)

7.
Here's me up in my tree last year. One of the only days it was not raining, at least not at that moment. Last year was miserably wet and cold but I got out there every damn day and upped my chances. 19 days straight got me nothing, but on the 2nd of the late season my persistence paid off. yummmmm

8. Scale is still holding steady. Trying to make good choices when I get the runchies is tough but I manage.

9. I used to wonder how people just dropped off the blog map completely but it's happening to me. I almost feel like I don't have anything to contribute since I'm in maintenance. Am I wrong?

10. I got my mom's CycleOps bike trainer this week. Going to love being able to pop into the garage and go for a ride and stay dry doing it!! I road 10 miles on it the other day and noticed how much harder I could make myself work and that out in the real world. Fun!

11. I'm procrastinating going to work, can you tell?

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: