1. You may have seen my post yesterday announcing my intentions to train for and run a marathon early next year. It's going to happen. Promise.
2. I am easing myself back into running more consistently before the actual training program starts up and has me running 3 days straight during the week. Every other day, short distances to get back into it. Spent the summer primarily bike riding so I've got some kinks to work out.
3. Today's run was hard. I really need to warm up better before I get going. My left shin muscle was tight and painful for the first mile or so. I think I need to foam roll it or use my Stick, it's a tricky muscle to stretch.
4. Gear wise I think I'm pretty good for this training thanks to a generous donation from Mom Corps (aka my mom & dad). I ordered a Nathan hydration pack for training runs & I'll need a 2nd pair of shoes. Other than Nuun tablets and energy gels like Gu I think I'm good to go.
5. I get a little excited when I look at the traffic feed over on the right and I see places like; Clonmel, Tipperary, Ireland and Sibiu, Romania and Waratah, New South Wales, Australia. I wish you would all leave me comment and tell me about where you live! Don't get me wrong I love seeing all the US and Canadian addresses too, but for the most part I know what it's like where you live! :)
6. I'm a member of Postcrossing.com I love sending and receiving post cards from all over the world. I'm saving them, so far I have received from Germany (2), Taiwan, Russia, Ukraine, & Florida. I have sent to Pennsylvania, Washington, Russia (2), Germany (2), and Netherlands.
7. Andy harvested a deer with his bow last week. YAY! I made some of it into jerky yesterday and it turned out fantastic! Yummmm
8. ummm running out of things to say here.
9. I need to go mow my back yard.
10. I know as soon as I publish this I'll think of 3 way more interesting things I could have said instead. :)
More marathon training related posts in the near future! Stay tuned!

1 comment:
Excited for your marathon! Awesome - I'll be training for my first half next year..
If you want to harvest deer - come to my house - there are like 10 huge bucks that have social hour in our fenced in yard with the dogs...so annoying..they are not scared of the dogs or me...its like they are domesticated and will try and come through the dog door next! WTF! Sorry - oh, and I'm from East Hampton NY..it shows up as hicksville NY on your feed for some reason..thats actually 75 miles away..must be a provider thing.
Post a Comment