Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Feeling Better Already

The chiropractor concurred that changing my running surface from road (always slightly cambered) to the treadmill (100% flat) tweaked something and made my pelvis twist up. The pain was probably the piriformis irritating the sciatic nerve. He gave me an actuator treatment, stretched me out, and had me lay with an ice pack on it for a few minutes. I got up feeling a while hell of a lot better. When he was checking for trigger points we only found a few minor ones in my IT band and nothing in my back/hip/pelvis so that was good news. He told me not to mess with trying to work on my issue of camber to non-cambered running, while he didn't say not to run at all he did also say using the elliptical should be fine since it's not pounding and the motion is a little different from running. He also gave me some exercises to do on an exercise ball and stretches.

I'm not sure what to do about the miles I was supposed to run this week, Hal calls for 3, 4, 2 then 2 rest days before the race. I don't think I can sit around and do nothing all week, I'll go crazy!

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

I'm glad that it wasn't BAD news! Keeping you in my thoughts!