Thursday, February 6, 2014
Ten Things Thursday
1. Oh my, just 9 days until the marathon!
2. I have been a sleepy mess all week. I get up at 5am to fix Andy breakfast and pack his lunch but this week I've been crawling back into bed to doze until 7am when it's time to start getting the kids up. Is the weather? Training? Hormonal imbalance?
3. Going along with the sleepy thing I have also been super, super cold. Granted it's been below freezing or just barely above all week but I'm inside a house heated to 69-70 fully clothed, feeling like I'm freezing! Cold hands, nose, and feet. Last night I laid down at 7:30 with an electric blanket under my fuzzy blanket and comforter to try to warm up. I woke up 2 hours later sweaty all over but I finally felt warm. I kicked the electric blanket out and was fine for the rest of the night.
4. I know I haven't even run the marathon yet but I am already on the hunt for my next challenge to conquer. I said last year I wanted to do a duathlon but never found one close enough with a road bike course to do. Well.... there's a TRIathlon coming up in June that I think I might want to do.
5. My 20 yr high school reunion is this June. I'm not going. As much as I *want* to go I know myself well enough to know that it won't be half as fun as I hype myself up to think it will be. Anyway, flying to AK in the summer is damn expensive and if I can't take my whole family and make a big vacation out of it it's not worth it.
6. Did I mention the Tri and the reunion are the same weekend? That's kind of a factor in not going too. I'd rather spend a couple hundred on tri gear than a single plane ticket. Tax refund here I come!
7. Has anyone out there participated in a Tri before? I need to know what gear is essential and what is not for a first timer. I won't be able to get a new bike for sure but is a tri suit thing necessary or would a straight bathing suit work? I wear glasses, should I think about contacts for the event so I can wear swim goggles?
8.9.10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ooh, family vacation sounds fun - but triathlon sounds even better! I went to Steve's 10 year with him last year, it sucked.
I can't believe it is coming so soon!
Post a Comment