Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tapering

Here I go ladies and gents, I am a mere 12 sleeps and a wake up away from Marathon day! Yes that's correct I am just beginning Week 17 of 18 and am now officially tapering my distances to rest, recover, and fuel up for the big day. Honestly, I am glad the "hard" training is over. I was burning out big time. I am harboring some fear but who wouldn't? Those fears aside I am also confident in myself, my mental fortitude. and my training. I will finish this race come hell or high water. My first and only goal TO FINISH.

I plan to break it down in 5 mile/60 minute segments for the first 20 miles then one last break at mile 23. Andy will meet me at those points to hand me my Clif shots & water. I found out the drinking Nuun on the go is no good my my stomach so it's out of the picture for the race. I was just looking at the map of aid stations again, they align well with what I'm planning so we won't be doing our thing out in the middle of nowhere. :)

Andy has taken the Friday before and the Monday after the race to be around to support me however I need. Friday was probably not necessary but Monday will be nice I think. Wouldn't you know it, the kids have no school those days either. Just found that out last week. Why? President's Day, of course! I know Andy is going to be there for the whole thing for the most part, I know my kids won't want to be out there for 5+ hours and I don't expect them to be but I really do want to see them at the finish. I really want my parents there too but now that I'm thinking about it I don't think I have formally invited them or expressed my desire for them to be there. Guess I need to call my mom. ;)



2 comments:

Jody V said...

So exciting! Good luck!

Beth Ann said...

You are going to be awesome!!