The forecast called for a high of 43 with 100% chance of rain. I watched the weather radar and it showed a big break in the clouds for the morning. I was hoping to outrun the rain.
Miles 1-9 felt fine, somewhere around 10 my right IT band twinged and nearly buckled my knee. I felt it for a while but it seemed to loosen back up and didn't bother me again.
![]() |
| Mile 4+ Dropped the hat |
![]() |
| Mile 11-ish |
At mile 13 I got lapped by another marathon runner. Little bit discouraging but I kept on trucking.
Mile 16-17 had me on that dreaded hill, I walked that sucker with pride and style. You should have seen me dancing! Things starting to hurt.
![]() |
| That reflective spot is me. |
Mile 18-20 I was fighting back tears. When I finally made it to where Andy was waiting, I was making sobbing noises. My stomach was upset and my feet and ankles were absolutely killing me. Took a lot of walk breaks. COLD wind.
Mile 21-22 Still hurting but too close to finished to give up. Took a potty stop. Got a 2nd wind that carried me for a while and put some distance between me and the person behind me.
Mile 23-26.2 Couple of walk breaks. Ran the last 1+ mile albeit rather slow. Highlight all my kids and my mom joined me on the course for the last couple hundred yards. There is video of it but I'm having trouble getting it on to my computer so I'll have to post it later.
Official time - 5:46:43 Placed 93/100
At this point I think I'm a one and done marathoner. :)








10 comments:
But you RAN A MARATHON! How freaking awesome! Congrats!!!!
Amazing!! Congratulations!!!!!!
Congrats!!!! YOU ROCK!!! Thats fantastic!
GO Sarah!!! I'm so excited for you. :)
You are an absolute rock star! I know what that takes and I can tell you I tried and didn't have it. You have done something really special!!
Amazing! Yay you :)
Congratulations!!! That is an amazing accomplishment.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
So, So, So, So proud of you!! You are definitely an inspiration and I am so thankful I get to share in your running journeys! Even if this is the only one you ever do - you are now and forever a marathon runner and no one can take that away from you!!
Oh girl, I am so proud of you. I forgot about your race though so please forgive me for getting here so late. You did it. YEAH!!!! Oh I am proud of you.
Like Kathy said, you are forever a marathon runner!!!!
Blessings Sarah~
Post a Comment