Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hurt and Mad About It

I don't know what the hell I did yesterday to hurt myself but it seems something is wrong. I ran but I didn't do anything crazy that I haven't done over the past 17 weeks. A couple of hours after running 7 miles yesterday I started to get pain in my lower back on the right side. I also had pain down my thigh. At first it was just uncomfortable and made me squirm trying to get in a position that didn't hurt. Later I was writhing and nearly in tears. 800mg of ibuprofen and 20 mins later it faded. I foam rolled the thigh & hip in case there is something muscular going on in there but my gut and experience tells me it's more likely sciatica. It's something I've had happen off and on through the years. Worst experiences were when I was pregnant. I also happen to be on my period so that could be a contributing factor. At least I won't have to contend with that next Sunday, right? Hopefully once Aunt Flo has left my back will calm down and go back to normal but until then I'll be resting and hoping. I'm scared & mad it's going to ruin my chances of finishing the race. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

Jen said...

bummer! I would be upset too... maybe check with your doctor for some advice if the symptoms don't improve over the next day or so? Hoping it passes quickly!!

Rhonda said...

I hope everything's okay! Let us know how you're feeling today.

Beth Ann said...

Oh noooo!!!! I hope that you are feeling better.