Thursday, September 22, 2011

10 Things Thursday

Not sure who to give credit to for this idea but I need an "easy" post today. :)

  1. It has started raining here in NW Washington, summer is officially over. I sleep so well with the pitter patter on the roof I did not want to get up this morning.
  2. The twins are struggling to get into the Kindergarten routine it's just still so new and exciting they come home exhausted on the days they go but fight bedtime. Vicious cycle. Exhausted 5 year olds are craaaaankyyyy!
  3. I got my deer license last week, I can not wait to get out hunting next month! Been looking forward to it since last October. :)
  4. Son faked another vomit episode at school yesterday. Conveniently he was already in the bathroom when it "happened" and he miraculously recovered by the time we got home. No fever and was asking to be fed 15 minutes after we got home. *eye roll*
  5. Oldest daughter is deep in thirteen-dom. Mom knows nothing, being 13 now is nothing like it was back in the dark ages, she knows everything about everything, attitude, foul language, thinks she's grown, annoying sibling for sport. *sigh* From the day she was born I knew she was going to be a difficult teen and I thought I had prepared myself. No amount of prep could have been enough for this child.Only 5 more years to go, right?
  6. I have no real excuse but I've cut back to running 1x per week and besides some big household cleaning projects have not exercised in between. Well that's not entirely true, my right hip has been giving me trouble and it takes a week to recover from a run. Yesterday I went out and did 6.28 miles, took me a couple of hours to realize that meant I had achieved my 10k goal. I did walk a couple of times but that's OK. Feeling it in that hip this morning. Youch
  7. I haven't been weighing regularly but I'm 145 lbs of below whenever I do step on. :)
  8. I really, really need to get myself some cold weather running gear for this winter. Last year I cobbled together some things I had around and made a passable outfit but most of that stuff is too big now. I need a new base layer at the very least but I have no funds to do so. I've been entering blog giveaways hoping to get lucky. *cross your fingers for me*
  9. Still looking for a job but it's not looking good. I'm really only reliably available evenings and weekends...waitress, stripper, phone sex hot line operator come to mind but are not at all appealing.
  10. I hope you all have a super fabulous time in Chicago! I'll make it someday I promise! It may be the 10th anniversary in 2020 but it will happen!
Live, Laugh, & Love -- It's really all we've got. :)

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I wonder if it'll still be happening in 2020 - I hope so. :)

13's a hard age. Hope it gets easier for both of you!

Sunset97 said...

hi, sarah!

i am tracy! just wanted to stop by and say "hi"... i am one of your teammates/tribemates on tribe green in the "shrinkvivor" challenge...trying to touch base with you all...

can't wait for this challenge to start... :)

have a great day!! :)

tracy c.

Kara said...

I've often thought of "stripper" as a good option for a well paying job that would work in well with being a stay at home mom :)