I did take my son in to see the Dr last week. They checked him for a UTI which came back negative. The "Big 3" things that she was looking for after that were meningitis, appendicitis, and pneumonia. All of these could begin to present with some or all of the symptoms he was reporting at the time, which included a low grade fever. Nothing he was reporting was severe enough to indicate more tests were necessary while we were there though. We left with instructions to watch for worsening symptoms and what to do if they presented themselves. He seems to be fine now, he doesn't act like he's in any sort of pain, no more vomiting. I think there may be some anxiety going on, it's just his nature. I am keeping a close eye on him though.
| Lydia and Averill waiting for the bus! |
I took advantage of the wonderful weather we had last week and through the weekend to do a huge outdoor project that has been looming. I all by my little ole self stripped, power washed, and re-stained our back deck. It took me working 4-5 hours/day over 3 days to get it done, and that was just the decking and stairs. Then hubby helped (he got home late, late Thursday night) by taking down all the rails and repairing them so I could I power wash and re-stain then he reinstalled them. That took another 10 hours over 2 days. I am so proud of myself! This deck measures 12'x40' so it was no small task. Did I mention I've never done this before?
| I had just finished the 1st coat on the riser. |
| After 2nd coat & 4 of 11 rails reinstalled. |
Weight is holding steady, I finally got out for a run this morning after the girls got on the bus. 3.56 miles in about 42 mins, not my best pact but it has been over 2 wks since my last run. I was trying not to push it too hard since my right hip has been giving me problems. Hubby needs to fix a flat on my bike then we'll start hitting the roads together again.
I am hopelessly behind on reading blogs, I'm going to have to mark everything in my reader as read and start fresh. Hope everyone is well!!
5 comments:
your deck looks fabulous!!! Come to my house and do ours!
Dang girl...that deck looks great. You can so give Bob Villa a run for his money.
Deck looks great. Impressive!
Wow, I hate to say what everyone else did, but that deck DOES look great. :) So glad you took before and afters so we could see just how great it looks comparatively.
And I agree, starting over from now sounds best. I hate trying to catch up after a while away, so hard!
I am so jealous - we are saving to put a decko on to the back of our house atm! I want it yesterday!
Oh and it looks good! :)
Post a Comment