Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pneumonia for One, Eye Trouble for the Other

I had to take Wyatt back to the Dr yesterday. We saw our normal pediatrician for a change this time. After examining him he told me he gave me some options:
  1. Assume it's still the same bacteria (Mycoplasma) the other Dr said and put him back on Zithromax.
  2. Assume it isn't/wasn't Mycoplasma and put him on Amoxicillan instead.
  3. Do a chest x-ray before deciding which medication to use.
I opted for the chest x-ray first.  It showed either mild or very early pneumonia in his left lung so now he's got 10 days of amoxicillan to take, hopefully it knocks it out. My question now is, how long to do I keep him home from school? Long enough for the antibiotics to start working or all week?


And now for the eye trouble. Holly just called from school complaining of eye pain, blurred vision, and that her left eye is drifting when she's reading. I was sitting at my computer when she called and started goog*ling her symptoms. I really think it sounds like classic eye strain. Of course being Little Miss Contrary nothing I read off to her applies in her mind especially because it's coming from me. Which means she really just wants out of school and to go to the Dr. Attention seeking? *eye roll* So who do I take her to see? The pediatrician? An optometrist? An ophthalmologist?




1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I'd take her to the ophthalmologist, better to make absolutely sure than to not take her seriously and have something be wrong with her vision later on. :)