Friday, February 10, 2012

18 Month Bandiversary

Was just checking out the old blog and noticed that my Lapband ticker is at 18 months 1 day. So let's take a little inventory of where I am/was.
  • Today I weigh 147 lbs. 
  • 18 months ago I weighed 213 lbs. 
  • Today I am on track to finish half-marathon training in a couple of weeks and I am registered for my first race on March 31st.
  • 18 months ago I wouldn't have gone running unless someone was chasing me and even then they would have had to be carrying a deadly weapon.
  • 18 months ago I was wearing size 26/28 tops, 22/24 pants. 8.5/9 W shoes
  • Today I wear medium/large tops, 6/8 pants, 7.5 shoes
  • 18 months ago I was very unhappy with myself inside and out though I wouldn't have admitted it out loud.
  • Today I am happy to be me and tell anyone who will listen about my surgery, weight loss journey, and fitness accomplishments.

I started off 2012 with an active goal to lose the weight I regained over late Nov & Dec plus a little more maybe. I did really well for 3 weeks with steady loss then bounced back up 3lbs as of Wed. I also woke up Wed with the beginnings of a cold. I tried to burn it off with a slow 7 mile run but it didn't work. Yesterday I was run down, achy, had a sore throat, and a sniffly nose. Today the throat is  better, I'm not as achy or run down feeling but my nose is running like crazy. I've actually had a couple of moments of nausea due to excessive post nasal drip. Not fun. I have no appetite and nothing sounds good but once I get some food in front of me I can't seem to out my fork down. Damn PMS! I'm still tracking every morsel on myfitnesspal even though it's depressing to look at the numbers. 

All in all I'm really excited about where I am now and the direction I'm going.

Live, Laugh, Love!

11 comments:

Nora said...

YAY, what a change over 18 months. I am amazed by how much your feet have shrunk (isn't it strange that your feet are what I am focusing on)!

jennxaz said...

Awesome accomplishments! I am also amazed how much you feet shrunk!

jennxaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lap Band Gal said...

Congrats!!! :-) you are rocking your band!

Vanessa said...

Great Job!!!

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

I love the comparison, bet it feels so wonderful! Good luck on your upcoming race.

Sam said...

You have done amazingly! Congrats on the last 18months :o)

Anonymous said...

You have changed your life is 18 months. I am very, very proud of you.

Caron said...

You have come a long way. Great!

Andrea said...

Congrats! It's amazing how far you've come in 18 months!

FreeJulie said...

Excellent post and wonderful accomplishments!! Congrats!!