| Taken April 10, 2010, 4 months pre-band. |
| Taken Aug 3, 2010, 6 days pre-band (Trying on clothes from Christine @ Phoenix Revoution) |
| Taken Aug 12, 2010, 2 days post-band |
I have been struggling with getting the weight I put back on over the holidays off. I have been beating myself up about it daily. I've created my own little cycle of hell where I stress myself out about it which triggers wanting to eat more which triggers feelings of guilt if I go over my calorie count which makes me want to eat more. And on and on. I didn't weigh in today because I took 4 days off exercising due to a bad cold and let my PMS sway my food choices on more than one occasion. I just didn't even want to know what "damage" I had done. That's not who I want to be though, I don't want to be a slave to the damn scale. I won't be a slave to the scale anymore. It stops now.
When I saw that my kids don't recognize me fat anymore it made me realize that I really have changed my appearance. The twins honesty don't remember me being fat anymore. But I sometimes still see the fat me in the mirror. Or I focus on and obsess about my problem areas that probably know one else notices.
I am still the woman in those pictures, she is my truth, I am *her* but a better, happier, healthier version of her. Yes I still want the number on the scale to be smaller and I know I'll probably never be a perfect size 4 or even 6 and that's OK. I still have my lumps & bumps and saggy & baggy skin and that's OK too. I am worlds away from where I started and if I keep exercising and make better choices I can only get better.
I think I am finally starting to accept my new normal warts and all.
12 comments:
You are beautiful!!! You will get those pesky pounds back off. You are never going back. The healthier, happier you is going to succeed.
Sarah, these pics are amazing. You have come a very long way. Those few pounds are nothing compared to how far you have come.
Take Care!
I gained over Christmas too and am struggling to get them off...again. Sigh. We will ALWAYS have to work at this.
I love your prespective!
Wow! You should be so prd of yourself. What a transformation. You've come so far, you know you can do it!
I agree with Ronda, OH MY GOD! I guess I never saw before pics either. :)
hi, I am a new follower, saw the pics and you look amazing!!! and you achieved that in 8 months??? you should be so proud.
Best of luck to you, I am getting banded next week!
So... I showed the before pics to Mr. Husband and asked him if he knew who it was. He said no. I asked him if he was sure he had never seen that person before. He said he was sure. Then I told him it was you. Pretty sure his jaw may have hit the floor, lol. :)
You look fabulous Darling!! Great attitude. Keep it up!!
You look great and congrats on all your successes!
Sarah, you are so beautiful. You were back then but now, WOW!!!! The sparkle...well it's amazing and great to see. Keep working hard and you'll get to where you want to be, you will...I know it.
Thanks for stopping by. Take care my friend. Blessings!!
isnt it a great feeling!
Sarah- You are really an inspiration. this is a great post. Try to look harder in the mirror for the beautiful you that I see.
Post a Comment