Long story short, I have a slipped band. I went to the ER this morning at 6am after vomiting blood for several hours. They knew nothing about bands or what to look for so they gave me some iv fluids, checked some labs, and discharged into the care of my surgeon. We drove straight there and he put me in the flouroscope, it was immediately apparent what was so terribly wrong. He then removed all the fluid in my band (3.9cc) and took another picture. I go back in three weeks for a follow up but he says the only way to fix it properly is to have another surgery to re-seat the band. I am hesitant to do that, I may opt instead for complete removal. I am withholding making any decisions until I have slept, (been up since 7am yesterday & it's 3:30pm now) had a shower, and had something to eat that doesn't make me feel ill.
Positive thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.
12 comments:
Oh how scary...I would defiantly be reluctant to have it replaced and not removed after this...It looks like you are right at your goal and hopefully you have been working on not just your physical changes but also your emotional side of things so that should you choose not to have it replaced you can maintain this new lifestyle...good luck, I hope you feel better!
I'm thinking good thoughts and sending positive vibes your way. Have a good long think about what you want to do. Hang in there :)
I am so sorry to hear this frightening story-- but glad that you are now stabilized after the harrowing recent events.
I hope that your sleeping on things gave you some more perspective. Only you know what will be right for you...I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you.
I'm glad you caught it and are doing okay. I think it is smart to get some rest and think about your options. I wish you the best and know that we will be here whatever you decide.
Oh my. I am sorry this happened, it must have been so scary. You have a difficult decision ahead of you and I am praying for wisdom for you as you make a decision about what to do next.
Oh my goodness! I know this is a tough choice and I send you lots of prayers and vibes on making the best choice for you!
Was the blood from the slipped band? That is insane! Thinking of you!
Thats terrible news :(
FYI only - A friend of mine recently had her band re-aligned after a slippage. She lost well over 50 kgs prior to the slip and since her surgery (without any restriction) has put back on 10 of those kgs. She was considering not fixing it, but after some thought, thought it was best to keep it there, just to make sure, she is thankful that she did fix it and is looking forward to finding her new sweet spot.
I hope everything works out for you :)
Sending you virtual hugs. Pleas get some rest before making your final decision.
So sorry to hear this news! I agree with everyone else...take some time to decide. You have the good vibes of the entire blogging community behind you.
Sounds terrible! Weigh your decisions, and go from there. Hope you are feeling better!
Scary stuff! Glad you figured it out and are on the mend. :)
Now I am freaked out. They think mine maybe just an anterior slip, which should be able to heal on its own with it being unfilled. Hope it all works out...
Post a Comment