Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Back

I went to see a Dr on Monday afternoon, he said I strained my lower back, prescribed Flexeril, and told me to try warm baths and a heating pad to help loosen it up. It felt even worse on Tuesday, I was afraid to take the Flexeril during the day in case I needed to drive somewhere. Yesterday I woke up and felt slightly improved. Today has been a little better than yesterday! YAY I'm on the mend. Still trying to be careful not re-injure myself but not being a complete couch potato. Hubby mentioned my troubles to his physical therapist and she recommended core strengthening exercises to take some of the burden off my back. Last night I laid down on the floor and did some crunches and some of Jillian's reverse crunches, will do some more today.

I'm kicking around the idea of going to see a chiropractor as well just to make sure the muscle tightness hasn't pulled my spine out of alignment. Do you guys/gals think it's a good idea?

1 comment:

Kiwigirl said...

Try an osteopath. They are much more gentle than a chiro, and the manipulation is not so hard on you. Hope you feel better soon. Take care!