Thursday, April 14, 2011

Trying Something New

Kickboxing! I signed up last week for a special at a local martial arts gym where I get 3 classes and a free pair of boxing gloves for $20! I've been to two classes this week and I have to say I'm liking it! It's a great work out with the added benefit of some self defense training. Definitely more intense than Zumba which I like too.

If I had my way I'd sign the whole family up for this place but it's out of reach financially right now. I'm leaning towards using the money I have set aside for my hunting license to pay my initiation fee & buy a punch card for just the kickboxing classes instead of a full membership. But then I think about getting there and back at least 2x/wk and I see the dollar signs rolling on the gas pump, this place is 30 miles round trip from my house. Not a small distance when you drive a gas guzzling suv like I do. *sigh* My Zumba place is a 20 mile round trip and the class is free but because of that it's not as consistent. If the gals have other things going on there just don't have class.

Damn it I need a job! (The temp one I thought I had in the bag fell through.)

3 comments:

Misty said...

now thats a deal on that class...wish I could find a deal like that...to bad gas is 300.00 a gallon

Beth Ann said...

Kickboxing is old school...love it!! I haven't done it in a long time but remember vividly how it kicked my butt. Sorry it isn't closer!

Justawallflower said...

I LOVE kick boxing! It is something I'm going to look into when we get moved. Hope something works out for you on the temp job!