Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finally Turned the Corner

I went to see the Dr on Friday. Diagnosis = The Crud Thank goodness it's not the actual flu but I've been pretty miserable up until now. I've been suffering with body aches, chills, sweats, cough, sinus congestion, fatigue, a plugged ear, and no appetite since Friday. I have no problem medicating my symptoms (or my kids' for that matter if they'll let me) like my mom did when I as little. She always said, "It won't make you get better faster." I say so what!?! Why be miserable if you can help it? Lydia got hit at the same time I did but absolutely refused meds because they taste yucky. She had a fever for 4 days, not too high (102 at peak) but I could tell when it spiked because she would fall asleep each time. On Sunday Averill woke up with a headache and a fever. She's also refusing meds for the most part, I did make her take some ibuprofen when her fever hit 103.6 yesterday.

Anyway, today I seem to be a bit better. I still can't taste my food but my congestion has lessened some and I can hear out of my right ear again. I almost feel human. :)

3 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

Yuck! Feel better!

Crazed Nitwit said...

I'm sorry. I had some kinda crud as well. No fever but nausea/vomiting/feeling like crap. Still nowhere near 100% Feel better soon.

Beth Ann said...

Hope you feel all kinds of better soon!