Friday, August 12, 2011

One Year Follow-up Appointment

Hubby and I made it down to Everett for my appointment this afternoon. As we were walking in one of the staff was also, as she held the door for me she proclaimed, "You look great!" *grin*

Remember not too long ago when I said I was up at the top end of my comfort range? In the last 2 weeks I managed to shed those pounds. I weighed in today at 140 lbs on their scale. According to their calculations I have lost 86% of my excess weight. *grin*

We did a quick fluoroscopy to check my band placement as last weekend I had a mild case of food poisoning and vomited once rather violently. Hubby also got sick, so we assume it was something he and I ate that the kids didn't. I hadn't filled the rx I got last time I was there because it's pretty expensive and I had some phenergan around from last year still. Now that's gone so I'll be filling the Zofran right away. 
 
We went over the things I had told them I was struggling with due to my weight which were anxiety and joint pain. Anxiety is still around but has lessened considerably and my only joint pain comes from over doing it occasionally when I work out. *grin*

We also looked at the goals I had set which were to improve my health & well being and set a better example for my kids. Check and check. *grin*

Last night I agonized over what to wear today knowing they were going to take afters pictures. A dress? Jeans & a fancy top? Jeans &  a t-shirt? (In the end I chose jean shorts, a plain purple t-shirt, and sneakers.) At the end the nurse asked me for permission to use my before and afters in their success book, website, and/or print advertising. I said yes. They are going to email me copies, I'll post them as soon as I get them. *grin*

On the way home we stopped at the Reebok outlet and I got a couple of pairs of work out pants. They are just little cotton capris but they are so darn comfy and versatile I wore out the single pair I bought when I was in Yakima a few months ago. Oh but the new ones are size small, my old ones were mediums. *grin*

All in all it was a great day! The only weird thing was I noticed a sticker on the front of my chart that said "BOLD PATIENT" the smaller print said something about needing additional information to remain compliant with something or other and my file was to be returned to the Research Assistant after each visit. Anyone have any idea what that all means?

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome year! Congratulations on your success! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Dani said...

Did you ever sign up for some kind of study? Anyway well done,you are such a success, I want to buy some workout gear ,but not there yet.I will be though....:)

Vanessa said...

Congrats!! What a great day! Not sure what the BOLD PATIENT sticker is about...maybe it means that YOU ROCK!
Yay for new work out gear!

Amanda said...

You have done so well and not without your struggles!! You deserve to be very happy!!

Camille said...

What a great year you have had. Congrats!

kagead said...

Congrats!!!! What a great visit and I can't wait to see the pics!

Jacquie said...

You have done an awesome job with your band and should feel so proud! Congratulations!

Rachel Schofield - Virtual Interior Decorator & Home Stager said...

What an awesome accomplishment. :)

Dawnya said...

This is an awesome post!! I'm so excited for your success in this year. You are a great role model for your girls.

Thanks for continuing to share your story with us.

Tracy said...

AWESOME post! How exciting. You had so many NSV's!!! Keep up the good work. You are a great inspiration!

Stace said...

wow! 140! Amazing!

Kara said...

Wow 86% is a huge amount to lose! Congrats!

Rachel said...

Congrats! You are an inspiration!

http://fatfishskinnysea.blogspot.com