Yesterday I went out for a long run. I was aiming for 7 miles but still felt really good when I turned over mile 7 so I went for 8. Here are my splits:
Lap 1 11:50 - 1 mile
Lap 2 11:36 - 1 mile
Lap 3 12:20 - 1 mile
Lap 4 11:32 - 1 mile
Lap 5 10:46 - 1 mile
Lap 6 10:09 - 1 mile
Lap 7 11:18 - 1 mile
Lap 8 10:55 - 1 mile
Total time - 1:30
Earlier this year I was a volunteer at an aid station for the 43rd Annual Birch Bay Marathon. I had just started running a couple of months before and was still working on completing 5k (3.1 miles) without walk breaks. Other volunteers were suggesting that I should compete in 2012 and I laughed thinking there was no way I'd be anywhere near ready. Today I've decided to register for the 10k race which is a new course for 2012. Since I obviously have the endurance I'll need to maintain it and possibly work on my speed over the next couple of months. Off to research speed training....
Live, Laugh, Love!
Edited to ask if any of you runners in the Pacific NW would be interested in coming up for the race?
7 comments:
The 10k will be a piece of cake (low fat cake of course) for you! I think a half marathon will be in your future:)
That is awesome!! Congrats!
Great job!! That's an awesome pace!
Check out those negative splits!! Great job.
Go Sarah!!! Keep it up. I love reading about your breaking records.
This rocks! Love your splits! I'm working on speed these days too!
Very impressive! I hope to be able to do a 5K someday myself. You are inspiring!
Post a Comment