Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Argh! Real Monsters

Also known as lice. I was just dropping the dog off from his walk yesterday and had planned to turn right back around to run when my son stopped me. "Mom, my head itches I think I have lice." Dun Dun dunnnnnn

Immediately confirmed two cases in the house. My run and trip to town went on the back burner as I began the eradication process. Non-essential and non-washable toys are bagged and out of the house for up to 30 days, rugs are all vacuumed, all children were given a lice shampoo, the two infested kids were given a thorough nit picking, all bedding is being laundered & dried on high, all hair brushes & combs have been run through the dishwasher, and the suspect mattress will be removed today.

Can you tell this is not our first rodeo with lice? I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Andy & I went to town when he got home and dropped his bike off at the shop. He had looked a little closer at the bent rim and realized he had some broken spokes which is a little out of his repair comfort zone. We then came back, grabbed his other bike and went out for an 11 mile ride. Great stress buster!

7 comments:

RockBand Barbie said...

Dealing with lice sucks. Fortunately my own kids never got it, but I have had outbreaks in my classroom before. Makes me itch just thinking about it.

adorkbl said...

Oh no. Hope I NEVER have to deal with that. Yikes. It is a workout just dealing with it.

Sarah said...

I'm with Barbie. Makes my head itch just thinking about it. Coconut oil and Tea tree oil shampoos/sprays are supposed to be helpful preventatives.

Vanessa said...

Yuck! Thats my worst nightmare! I'm itching right now!! - Kudos on the bike ride!

Banded With Favor said...

So sorry those nasty creatures have invaded!!! Kill them all Sarah!!!

As for Barbie and Sara, I have also had many an outbreak in the classroom and it does leave you cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!!!!

I went on a 5 mile bike ride today to get out frustrations as well!!! It does feel good!!! Good for you and Hubby...sorry about his bike though...

Cheri said...

Somehow we have managed to escape them too, despite many a warning note sent home from the classroom teacher. Yech! btw Sarah, I sent a gmail out that I think didn't get to people for some reason, but I moved my blog to http://stayinginthepink.blogspot.com/ hope to see you :-)

Rhonda said...

Oh no! Sorry about the outbreak, I'm not looking forward to dealing with that when/if the time comes.

Great bike ride, though! :)