I went out with Andy and my Dad tonight and rode a new route on my new bike. 14-ish miles, I say "ish" because my Garmin tracked 13.73 but I had to walk pushing the bike up a super, super steep dirt path for quite a way and damn it that counts!
Yes, I said I got a new bike. My mom's old bike was great but it already had some serious high mileage on it when I got it and I put over 400 miles on it just in the last 2 months. Some of the rear gears have been clicking and clacking forever so when the front gears/crank started to speak out the other night we decided it was time.
I chose a Trek Verve 3. Gun metal grey w/ non-optional swirly-girly yellow flower stickers.
Why yes, I went out to the garage in my jammies with wet hair to pose for this picture. hee hee
9 comments:
Do I see shoulder & tricep muscles in this pic? Why yes, yes I do. :-)
Nice bike! Good luck with it! You look great!
Great job making your goal. You look great and so does the bike.
Hurray!!! What a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations on the new bike! Any thoughts on what you'll do with the old one? It must hold such a place in your heart from a) being your mom's and b) being the bike you rode those very special life changing miles on!
Hot damn! 1000 miles! U rock!
Awesome. YOU ROCK! Wtg!! congrats on the new bike. :)
Love the pic, the bike, and especially the 400 miles in 2 months - that's amazing!
love the bike!
This is sorta like the bike I rode with Michele. It was so comfortable and easy to handle. YEAH!!! for a new bike.
Don't fret your weight, you know very well it's just temporary and it will move in the right direction soon.
Take care Sarah and have a blessed day!
Post a Comment