Thursday, January 23, 2014

10 Things Thursday

  1. I'm gonna shoot for 10 things, no guarantees though. :)
  2. Do you ever see a relationship status change for someone you know on FB and wonder what the hell happened? But your close relationship fizzled after high school and you don't feel it's really any of your business to ask details after 20 years? Or because you only met the person a couple of times and are friends on FB because you were supposed to get in touch to get your kids together for a playdate but never have? Man! One suddenly changed her last name and confirmed she'd gotten (re)married I didn't even know she'd divorced her first husband!! And the other is suddenly posting about being newly single. Respect for privacy trumps my curiosity but that doesn't stop me from wondering. 
  3. Remember Forever Hungry? Suddenly I'm not anymore. Like, I have almost forgotten to eat breakfast several times this week. Weird.
  4. This is my first week of having no job but my family again. If I'm not working out or running errands I'm kind of bored. Yes there are tons of things I could be doing around the house but I don't wanna. Why go do a bunch of hard dirty work when it will all be undone in about 30 seconds after the kids come home?
  5. My oldest daughter starts Driver's Ed next Tuesday. We have to go to the DOL and get her permit this afternoon. Since she is enrolled in class she won't have to take the written test, we just prove her identity and get her picture taken. Ooohhh boy, here we go! 
  6. My little girls are participating in a play being put on by our district's music/drama teacher. She takes on 100 kids from 1st grade up through the high school and does this every year. Last year they did The Aristocats, this year they are doing Winnie the Pooh. All of the primary students (1st & 2nd graders) will be honeybees. The speaking rolls go to the elementary kids (3rd-5th) and middle schoolers (6th-8th) and I believe the high schoolers are all behind the scenes. She is one brave lady I tell you and she puts on a great show!
  7. My son asked if he could run with me the other evening. I laughed and told him that if he's interested in running I will coach him through a Couch to 5k program and after that he can run with me. :)
  8. Our weather has been pretty nice the past 10 days so Andy & I have been getting out biking again. Love it. 
  9. I'm in Week 15 of training which culminates this Saturday with my longest training run, which will be my longest run ever. 20 miles. Not gonna lie that 18 miler 2 wks ago was tough I wanted to quit at mile 16. Andy rode his bike along with me for about 10 miles, here's what he had to say about it on FB: Sarah had a training run today of 18 miles. She started off in light rain, then there was a spot of sun. As Sarah ran along Birch Bay the weather got worse. It started raining hard and the wind picked up. Sarah just kept running. At her 5 mile mark the wind was blowing about 40 miles an hour then it started to hail. Sarah just kept running. By the time she had gone 10 miles it eased up a bit and she asked me to grab her some dry socks and shoes. I got back with her dry stuff at her 12mile mark and she put them on. Right about then it started raining more. Sarah just kept running. Sarah finished her 18 mile run in the driving wind and rain. She is determined to complete her training regimen and I am confident she will finish the Birch Bay Marathon February 16th.
  10. He's my #1 fan and biggest supporter. I couldn't do it without him.

2 comments:

tz said...

i totally am with you about the FB thing...I don't ask either, but I'll stalk their page for a bit to see if there are more clues :D I don't know why, just do.

Beth Ann said...

20 miles?! You are a BEAST!!!!

And amen to #2!