Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Forever Hungry

And I thought my hunger was insatiable during the first part of this training! Combine it with raging PMS and I am a freaking bottomless pit. I snacked an entire package of rice crackers yesterday. Like 340 calories worth plus roasted red pepper hummus on almost all of them. Thinking about it just made my mouth water. OMGoodness I woke up at 1am with a rumbly tummy, I told it to shut up and went back to sleep but I was genuinely hungry. My band forces me to eat slowly but I can still tank up if I chew well and take breaks. I went to the store for milk a bit ago and also bought 4 bags of jerky. They were BOGO/free so it was a good deal but why 4? Because I knew 2 wouldn't last long enough. Do I feel guilty? NO I will ration myself and make them last a while.

In other marathon news I went by my favorite running store yesterday to get another bottle of WIN detergent and to ask for some advice about hydrating/fueling during the race. They didn't really tell me anything I hadn't already read on the interwebs but they put a human face of experience on it. I bought 2 tubes of orange Nuun from them as well. That will be my hydration. I also swung by REI because I had a 2.50 rebate check to spend before it got lost and so I picked up 3 flavors of Gu I had never tried before. Peanut butter, salted caramel, and espresso. I tried the peanut butter today during my run. Tastes yummy but too thick, it almost required chewing. That one is out for race day. I'll try the others and make a decision about what to order a case of for the remained of my training and for the race. I may just end up with tried and true vanilla bean. :)

I am currently in the middle of Week 13 which means I have just 5.5 weeks to go before race day.

18 mile long run this weekend.

just breathe





3 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm not training and I could eat a bag of rice cakes! Ha! You're doing amazing!

Beth Ann said...

You are seriously awesome! I mean I am AWED by you. Go girl!

Rhonda said...

I can't wait to hear all about how it goes!

You're an inspiration, Sarah!