Thursday, January 2, 2014

More Changes

I put in my notice of resignation a few days ago. Several factors went in to this decision. Mainly my husband recently earned a significant promotion, said to me, "If you'll get up with me (5am) and help get me off to work and pack my lunch you can quit your job." Also the job really doesn't mesh with my personality, I like to have clear cut objectives and goals with a clear plan of action. This job is not quite like that, at all. It causes me stress and anxiety constantly. And after looking at what little money I was bringing in it's just not worth it. I'm glad I did it though, I've established relationships with management at the stores I was vendor-ing in and I know that if I ever should have the desire to work in retail locally I could get a job real quick. Right now that type of schedule isn't what my family needs. I gave them until January 17th then I'm done. Now I don't have to worry so much about having to go be on my feet for hours the day after the marathon. ;)

5 comments:

Dawnya said...

Change is good. That is my mantra for the new year. Congratulations to Andy on the promotion. I'm so excited about your marathon. I can't wait until you post about it.
Happy New Year Sarah!!

Beth Ann said...

That's so great!!

Rhonda said...

That's awesome that you're able to do that! The kiddos need you more than that place anyway!

tz said...

awesome and congratulations to both you and your husband!

FreeJulie said...

Wow, that is a big deal! Congrats!

How long do you have to get up at 5 am with him? Couple weeks? Couple months?(hahaha)