Thursday, December 29, 2011
Feeling Better Already
I actually started weaning myself down off the carby crap for a couple of days before my last post. I have to say I'm already starting to feel better. It may not work this way for everyone but I've come to realize that carbs fuel hunger for me. (I've not cutting them out altogether, just keeping them low and aiming for higher fiber content items.) Yesterday and today I had no trouble staying in my allotted calorie count and today when my kids offered me some of their treats from $$ tree (Twizzlers & Snowcaps) I declined with no pangs of longing or desire. I swear last week I would have said no at first then 5 minutes later I would have had my hand in the bag for sure. I feel like I'm in control again already and it feels good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well done. I think understanding how your body works and what works well for it is a major step.
I've sort of decided to go a little lo-carb myself, with the last stages of pregnancy and the new info that lo-carbing it a few times a week has a greater impact then lo-caling it everyday, I think it's a sound plan.
Glad you are feeling better already!
That's pretty much how I wean myself off of anything I feel I'm eating too much of. Glad its working for you. :)
Ohhhh totally forgot to say... I'm going to be in your area (well closer anyway) on Monday! I hear Sonic calling my name already... terrible huh? lol
Post a Comment