Friday, December 2, 2011

BYOC - December 2nd, 2011

On Friday the lovely Drazil prompts us with a few questions to help Bring Your Own Crazy to light!

1. Describe the structure you live in. (apartment, condo, house, mansion, cardboard box?)
I'm the queen of my double wide trailer, with the polyester curtains, and a red wood deck. OK, it IS considered a double wide because it was trucked here in two pieces however I prefer the term "Maunfactured home" as it never had axles or a trailer hitches.

2. Describe the city you live in. (population, main attractions)

My town boasts a population of just over 5,000. We probably have that many if not more pass through on a daily basis being directly on I-5 at the Canadian border. So yeah , I lock my car doors at the store and lock up my house when I leave. If you read the police and border patrol blotter you'll see they pick up crazy, drunk, stoned, and illegal border jumpers around here all.the.time. You just never know who could be around.

3. Why do you live in the town you live in? (job, to get away from a different town, family, schools?)

When we left Alaska we moved to Bellingham for the convenience of being close to the school hubby attended and to work for me. Our goal was to move out to the county hopefully fairly close to my mom. We bought the biggest house on the biggest lot we could afford. And we are about 10 mins from my mom.

4. What’s the view like from your backyard?

If you look out my kitchen windows that over look the backyard you will see the deck, a bird feeder pole, our raised garden beds off to the left just in front of the neighbors fence & the compost pile behind them, my clothesline, the firepit, a disassembled Little Tykes 8 in 1 climber that the kids won't let me get rid of and the green house. There's also a hill with super, super tall cedar trees and some other short trees mixed in that give us some privacy from the neighbors.

5. Repeat question: How has your week been in blogland and in real life?

I've been pretty quiet in blogland this week both posting and commenting. Real life has been busy, Holly turned 14 on Wed and had a little pizza party with some friends, caught Wyatt having stolen a shit ton of strike anywhere kitchen matches & dealt with him accordingly, Averill lost her first tooth earlier this week, she also had a HUGE melt down over not being allowed to eat popcorn in my bed last night, and our boat nightmare finally came to an end this morning, I was diagnosed with bursitis/rotator cuff irritation in my left shoulder on Wed & prescribed physical therapy I can't afford to go to.

3 comments:

Beth said...

My shoulder hurts just thinking about it. I hope your week gets better from here!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a rough week! :(

Becky said...

I really like your kids names. :)