Sounds big and scary doesn't it? Read more about it HERE.
It's one of two things Dr G00gle and I came up with for my ankle pain/aches while I've been on hiatus from running. It had me scared & worried just a little bit more than the possibility of a stress fracture as bones heal, tendons, not so much. It is what my new podiatrist says is going on though. I was under the impression from what I had read about it that it was a death sentence for my running. It's not, at least not at this point. He gave me a Theraband to some exercises to strengthen the tendon and all the other tendons in my right ankle/foot. For the sake of being even I'll do them with both feet. I am to rest it as necessary, stretch well before and after working out, and I am to wear my orthotics religiously. Which I already do, when I have shoes on. I hate wearing shoes in the house so I'm barefoot a lot. He would have preferred I get orthotics from him as they are of course customized, offer better support than the ones on the consumer market, and last 5-10 years. But alas I don't have the $390 they would cost because my insurance doesn't cover them. He did bolster my Superfeet for me to help them be a little stiffer but that won't last forever. Just one more thing to add to my list of "things to do/buy someday when some extra money comes in" list. *sigh*
It's been 5 weeks since my last run and since 6 weeks is the usual prescribed rest period I'm going to go ahead and wait it out. In the mean time I will continue with my pilates/yoga workouts which include a lot of stretching and start the exercises he prescribed.
Wish me luck!
1 comment:
good luck...man $390 for shoes that last 5-10 years...they must be purdy!
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment