I finally got the time today to call and confirm my date. They will call one week prior to get the credit card numbers from me. In the mean time I have to get blood work and an EKG done. I'm going to try to do it through my pcp so I don't have to make the 70 mile drive but we'll see.
In other very sad news my cousin's wife who has been battling leukemia since Dec 2008 has been taken to hospice and is dying. She just turned 39 and will leave a 12 yo daughter, 9 yo son as well as her husband and extended family. Tragic and sad all around. I also just found out that my jr high bestie's cancer has spread into her pelvis, ribs, arm, and skull.
How can I be so happy for myself with these tragedies going on around me?
7 comments:
I'm so happy you have your surgery scheduled :)
I am sorry about your cousin's wife. Praying for your family, hun.
Wow, I don't know. My prayers to your friends and family.
She passed away yesterday afternoon, less than 24 hours after going into hospice. A blessing really that she didn't suffer for long but her kids didn't get to the hospital before it happened.
Sorry to hear about your friend and cousin's wife.
Yeah for getting a date! And that isn't just ANY date! It is 8-9-10 (and also my 37th birthday!). What a great day to begin your new life!
I hadn't looked at the date like that. Neato!
And Amanda, Happy Birthday a little early!
Sarah I am sure one of the reasons you are doing the whole band thing is to increase your chances of NOT getting cancer, I know its a big part of mine. You can be excited that you will have this chance to change things for the better and the family and friends you lose will make you appreciate your decision even more. Great news on your surgery date, be excited :-)
Post a Comment