Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Will Power Rocks!

I went in this morning for a blood draw for pre-op labs and had to take the 3 youngest kids with me. I promised them McD's breakfast if they behaved. I told myself that I could get myself a side of scrambled eggs if I was really that hungry when we got there. (It was a 12 fasting blood draw.) I ordered for them but refrained from ordering anything for myself. Partly because I didn't want to spend the $2 or whatever for eggs I could cook myself for free once I got home, but also I wasn't painfully hungry and could wait. I even skipped grabbing a skinny latte on the way home in favor of making my own coffee too. That was more about saving the $4 than anything though. This 1000 calorie thing is getting a little easier. I still have my moments in the evening after dinner when I go back into the kitchen and wander around opening the fridge and pantry seeking *something* to put in my mouth. I know in my head that is out of boredom and/or habit and not true hunger. Last night I just kept refilling my water glass. :)

Edited to add I ordered them pizza for dinner and made myself a grilled chicken breast & one mini corn on the cob. Delish but the pizza is calling my name! I will resist! I will!

4 comments:

Lily's Mommy said...

Way to go Sarah! Your will-power is admirable! Keep up the great work! DeeDee

Christine said...

??? Why feed your kids junk (okay, yummy junk but still) while you eat something healthy? Were they being rewarded for something, or is there a problem with them eating healthy chicken + veggies? I don't mean to criticize...just curious.

Sarah G said...

Up until recently my kids have eaten healthier than myself on a daily basis. They suck down fruit like there's no tomorrow and very rarely turn down a veg. Yesterday was an exception to our normal routine; I dragged them out of the house early & McD's was a reward (bribe) for not acting foolish in the lab lobby. The pizza is something I do to give myself a little break when my husband is out of town. Not too long ago I would have ordered myself a philly cheese steak sandwich instead of cooking a little something. They definitely would have eaten chicken and veg if that was what I had offered them. In fact the twins asked me to make each of them a piece of corn. They ate them plain (no butter/salt) right along with their pizza.

Bonnie said...

Way to go!