- I went to get fitted for new running shoes on Sunday. I came down from a 9W to an 8.5B (regular width). I tried on 3 other pairs then he let me try the Brooks Defyance 4's, it was slipping on an old friend. Aaahh I also got a pair of Superfeet insoles to replace my custom orthotics. Went for my first run in them today and the difference from my old shoes was just amazing! No I really couldn't afford them but this fulfilled a NEED not a WANT.
- Yesterday I let the twins play with my set of Russian nesting dolls that my mom gave me when I was about 9 or 10. Now all but one are missing. They have been refusing to look for them and adamantly deny knowing where they are. I'm mad at myself for letting them play with them in the first place. We've torn most of the house apart and they are still missing.
- My son is sick and the sound of his cough is grating on my nerves. I know he can't help it and I've given him medicine but it's still irritating. He went to school today, thank goodness!
- I'm tired and I really shouldn't be. I slept close to 10 hours last night but was bombarded with strange dreams. I'd tell you about them but I wouldn't want weird you out. Still tired; stress & too many thoughts kept me up late last night. I woke hubby up at 2:30am for a little dessert to relieve some stress. It worked. *wink*wink*
- I went to four Power Pump classes and really loved them but haven't been in over a month. I've been busy, had sick kids, yadda yadda. But the main reason is really that I got super annoyed by a couple of women in the class that chewed gum during class. It wasn't so much the chewing (Why chew gum while working out!?) but the bubble blowing and god-awful smacking after sucking them back in. Really? Are you 8?
- I'm turning 35 on the 30th of this month. I had a little dream/goal to run a 5k race before then but it's just not going to happen. I'm turning 35 this month, how the hell did that happen!?
- The weather here still isn't summery. It's been pretty dry but not sunny & hot like it has been the last couple of years at this time. Sucks. Today it's colder than yesterday. Boooo! This is so not helping my mood.
- The last day of school is Thursday. Wooo frickin Hoooo! I'll be ready for it to start up again by mid-July, early August if I'm lucky.
- My guts are punishing me this morning. Popcorn for a snack late last night and two cups of coffee this morning were a bad idea. But I'm still gonna let Jillian kick my ass here in a little bit.
- I weighed in at 142.2 this morning! I was much happier about how my jeans fit at 138 so I think I'll try to slowly drop back down.
- I'm feeling all mean and b*tchy because it's "Mean Week" in my cycle. Just before my period actually starts it goes away and "Sweet Week" begins. Hubby coined the phrases years ago.
- I expect my weight to jump a little from water retention so I will stay off the scale until next week lest I maim or injury it.
- I want to dive head first into a vat of dark chocolate then follow up with a tub of salty chips. Oy vey. PMS is a b*tch.
Edited to say: I found the dolls!! I had just pulled everything out of the bottom of my closet and looked through Holly's room when Averill says, "Lydia's movie theater is missing too. We were playing with them together." (The theater is a Fisher Price thing that had little figurines at some point and folds up for transport.) AH HA the dolls are probably IN IT!! So I took a trash bag, dumped out their entire toy box, and sorted through it. Not there. I came back out to the living room and there it was. Right next to the end of the couch where I keep my laptop. The dolls were all nested together and closed inside of it. Completely hidden, in plain sight the whole time. Hubby probably even kicked it out of the way when he tipped the couch over looking for them yesterday. I am so glad they are back up on the shelf!

10 comments:
Feel free to vent anytime! :) I know what you mean about the chocolate/salty thing...it's crazy!
Haha, sweet week. I think that's how I am, too. (All apologetic for mean week? Maybe!)
Hope you find the rest of the nesting dolls. :(
Clearly chocolate and chips are the universal requirement for women with PMS. Doctors should prescribe it so we don't feel bad about indulging.
YAY for finding the dolls. I hate the bitchy before week - it's uncontrollable isn't it? Take care. xoxo
(((hugsss))) to you - just to get you to sweet week! I'm so glad you found the dolls, I love them!!
Hang in there!
"I'm feeling all mean and b*tchy because it's "Mean Week" in my cycle. Just before my period actually starts it goes away and "Sweet Week" begins. Hubby coined the phrases years ago."
I read this out loud to my husband because I knew he would totally agree with it and how my weeks go!! Ha
Hang in there!!
I've been having a horrible time sleeping too. Crazy thoughts and crap. Damn it why can't I just shut my mind OFF!
I'm in the bitchy mood too, but too tired to really say anything bitchy. I'm just thinking it. I'm weird like that.
I love the fact that you still have a gift your mom gave you as a child. That makes me smile.
It is my mean week as well! And i totally want you to call my husband and explain to him that it IS a real thing, and not just a flaw in my personality! So glad you found your dolls!
Love the two different perspectives from two timeframes in the same post! VERY glad you found the dolls. I hate it when things like that happen.
Oh and I HATE when people smack gum...anywhere really, but if I can hear it over the music at the gym, then come on, people!
Post a Comment