Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Need Help

I am struggling and I need help. I am struggling with what I am eating, I have let back in too much bread & junk. I am struggling with my portion control, I take seconds when I know I shouldn't because my mouth wants to taste more. I am struggling with my appetite, I am head hungry all the time. I am struggling with figuring out the balance of exercise vs. calories I need to maintain, yet fuel my current work outs to build muscle. My weight has gone up about 6 lbs from my all time low. Yikes! Not sure if it's muscle or fat or a combo but me no likey.

It's all connected I know it is. I know I need a fill but I am terrified of getting one & getting sick again.

On a better note, one thing I'm not struggling with is my exercise. Since things changed financially for us recently and the money (that I had set aside for my hunting license) that I was going to instead invest in a gym membership is gone. I have 2 punches left at the gym but after that I'm back to DIY workouts. No biggie, I just need to put a little plan in place so I know what I'm doing day to day. I started on the Bridge to 10k program this week so I know where my cardio is coming from and where my running is going. I looked up a good dumbbell arm routine and I found Jillian Michaels 6 Pack in 6 weeks On-Demand. I'll alternate that with her 30 day Shred. (I'm still on Level 1.)


So besides a fill I need some moral support and some guidance on how to figure out my caloric needs. Of course I'll ask my Dr too but for now I'm asking you! Any thoughts? Advice? Ideas?

Live, Laugh, Love!

5 comments:

Pamela E. Williams said...

I hope you have a better doctor than I do. I am struggling with the same thing. I think I need a fill, but I am so afraid of PBing. I never had and never want to. I hope you get some answers soon. You have done well so far and I know you can continue. Keep pushing on!

Anonymous said...

I am head hungry a lot too. I've been keeping a food log and it helps

Leslie said...

I've been struggling with head hunger for the last two weeks. I hate it, it is the hardest part of weight loss for me. I think for me, I just have to do the positive talk to myself and make a plan to get back on track, sometimes it doesn't work but most times it does.

Laura Belle said...

Maybe doing a 'clean' of all the junk in the house, then fill it up with good food to snack on. Think of something that's good for you, that you really like to eat, and keep that close for those head munchies. Head hunger is huge for me too, all I know how to fix it is to really really talk yourself out of whatever bad thing you're eating. Good luck, you'll pull out of this!

Kiwigirl said...

Sorry it's a tough time for you right now. Perhaps it's worth going back over your blog to find the things that really worked for you. I agree with Laura Belle about cleaning out the junk and only having good stuff you really enjoy in the house. It does sound like you need a fill too - it probably won't be like last time, but you will know when you are ready to give it another try.