Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Runner's Survey

Because I fancy myself a runner...borrowed from Run with Jess.

What is your favorite type of cross training? 
Walking & weight training. If there was a pool within a reasonable distance swimming would be an option too.

What is your favorite song to run to? 
Bleed it Out by Linkin Park makes me want to push it!

What brand of shoes do you wear? 
Brooks Defyance 3

Do you wear a hat when you run? 
Yes when it was raining or snowing.

What temperature is your favorite for running? 
Between 50-60 I suppose. I have run when it was in the 40's (brrrr)and since summer hasn't arrived here yet I have never run when it was much over 60.

Do you have any big races coming up? 
No, I'd love to run a 5k before I turn 35 (June 30th) but somehow my husband going fishing keeps taking priority over him supporting this dream.
butthole

What is your favorite distance? 
5k, because it's what I can do.

Are you a morning, noon or evening runner? 
Mid-morning or late afternoon.


Do you run solo or with a buddy? 
Solo
  
What's your favorite post run snack? 
A banana or an apple.




What's your FAVORITE race?  
I'm a race virgin.


Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your runs?
Yes a 305 with heart rate monitor.

What is your least favorite race?
Again, I'm a race virgin...

What race is your favorite medal from?    
See above


Who is your running idol? 
Should I have a running idol besides myself?

How long have you been a runner? 
I used the Couch to 5k program to transition from the treadmill to outdoor running about 6 months ago.
 
 Do you run with your engagement/wedding ring on? 
Yes, am I not supposed to?

What's your favorite workout? repeats? long runs? tempo? fartleks?  
 
Huh? I go out and run at a steady comfortable pace for a mile or so, stop, stretch, hydrate, run some more, walk to cool down. I shoot for 5 miles total with about 3.1 of them actually running most of the time. 



3 comments:

Becky said...

Yay, I like Bleed it Out too, great for working out!

MultipleMum said...

I have been running for 16 months or so (also a graduate of the c25k) and I couldn't answer any of these questions! I just do it. Some food for thought for me.

Good luck getting to the start line. Racing is something different again and is a great experience x

Michele said...

I always wanted to run, but now that I have really discovered biking, I think biking is it for me. I admire runners, though. Tremendously. Just new to your blog. Thanks so much for following me. I will be back to read more about you and your journey.