I had a long heart to heart with my husband last night. He's been strangely un-opinionated on the subject for the last 2+ weeks except to say, "I'll support your decision." I finally point blanked him, "What do you think I should do?" His honest, heart felt, well thought out opinion is that I should keep the band but run it very loose. It's not that he doesn't think I can maintain with out it but knows how much "easier" it will be with the back-up. He's right in that regard, I know he is. However, my concern is still about my nausea to uncontrollable vomiting history. It wouldn't have to be triggered by a tight band to be a bad situation. It could be a virus, food poisoning, or motion sickness to leads to another slip or some other complication resulting in yet another surgery.
I wrote that Monday and set it aside because I wasn't quite finished. Things have been good since then. My eating has been fine & I've been exercising. :) I'm not as scared of being hungry again as I was when it first hit me. I am in control & I'm OK. I go in Friday for the follow-up floroscopy & sit down meeting with my surgeon. I'll update as soon as possible after that.
Live well!
Laugh often!
Love much!
3 comments:
I am glad you guys had a heart to heart. Good luck with your decision. High 5 for staying on track and exercising!!
I am really glad you had that heart to heart with your hubs! Although it is nice to always have support in what ever we decide sometimes we really do need plain and simple advice! Anxious to hear what your surgeon advises too!
Husbands are so great like that. Glad you were finally able to get an honest opinion out of him. It will be interesting to hear what the surgeon says.
Post a Comment