Today is the anniversary of the date that was as pivotal for me as my actual surgery date. I plucked up enough courage to both drive to and attend a Lap-band information seminar all by myself. No one to hide behind, no one to do the talking for me. That in itself was phenomenal. I stood up for myself by myself. Finally.
At this very moment in the day I was an anxious bundle of nerves waiting for it to be time to leave. I weighed 230 pounds, give or take. I was apprehensive about surgery. I was hopeful and excited for my future. I was ready to starting changing my life and my body.
Today I weigh 138 pounds. I am still hopeful and excited for my future. I'm not waiting for my life to change, I did it! I changed my body. I changed my diet & nutrition. I changed my lifestyle. I changed my attitude. I have changed my outlook on life.
Yet, something haven't changed. I am still me, Sarah, but a more confident, self assured version. I am still Andy's wife. I am still Holly, Wyatt, Averill, & Lydia's mom. I am still a loving daughter, cousin, friend, grand-daughter, & niece. I am still me...only better.
Someday this song may be as cliche as Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" but today it fits how I feel to a T. I am a firework!
7 comments:
Congrats! You should be proud, you did the work!!! Love that song!!!
So happy you've hit your goal!
I am insanly weepy today and this video made me so too!!
Congrats on hitting goal and being such a success!!
You're an absolute inspiration. And I agree with you. I found picking up the phone to make an appointment to see a psychologist far more confronting than actually starting therapy itself. Looking at your numbers I am in awe of what you've done. xx
That's an amazing change in weight in so short a time. Wow. Here's to transformations!
Great post Sarah - very inspirational. Congratulations!
Congrats on your anniversary- and I think you qualify as a band super star.
Post a Comment