Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Joined a Gym

Kinda sorta, I bought a punch card to try it out a couple of weeks ago right before I tweaked my back. $40 for 8 punches, sweet deal! I finally felt well enough to go to the intro class so I set up an appointment with the manager for this morning. She showed me all of the machines, adjusted them for me, and figured out what weight to start out with. I did one set on each machine. I tried out an elliptical machine for the first time! And she showed me how to use a foam roller to help loosen up my IT band(s) that's been so tight from running lately.

I'm excited to go back and do the weight circuit again. I can also use my punches for group classes like Power Pump (lifting weights to music), Step Pump (step aerobics w/ weights) Zumba, Yoga, etc. They have child care for the twinkies but only one hour per day Mon-Fri. It happens to be when they offer a class so that's convenient. The biggest bonus is that it's less than 9 miles round trip from my house! Yay! If all goes well I'll probably purchase myself a regular membership so I can do all the classes & workouts I want.

Nothing new on the band front. It's like Obi isn't even there. I can't begin to describe what it feels like to be able to eat with out fear of complications. Or what it feels like to have nothing standing between me and food but my own willpower. Powerful stuff, all of it.

Live, laugh, love!

1 comment:

Beth Ann said...

YAY for the gym! Zumba and classes like that are so awesome, I think. I'm such a follower. :)

YOU ARE powerful! You have everything inside you to do this and we are right here to back you up!