My eating has been right on track so far this week. I splurged on Mother's Day with the traditional (made by hubby) Eggs Benedict breakfast and later I bought myself (and my mom) a "gourmet" cupcake from the grocery store bakery. $3 worth or chocolatey goodness, every bite worth every calorie. The cupcake is the only thing I ate that I didn't track in the calorie counter on livestrong.com. Yes, I am tracking calories and I am also still following the bandster rules for the most part. They are so ingrained now it's hard not to. The only thing I have allowed back in is bread. It's something I missed a whole hell of a lot. I think I've broken whatever carb addiction I had, it's more about the texture and taste for me. A crunchy, buttery piece of toast just compliments an over-medium egg so well! 1 piece of 100% whole wheat, 45 cal/slice and I'm totally satisfied.
My current challenge food wise is to add back in enough healthy calories to stop losing weight and fuel muscle building. To do this I need to be somewhere around 2200 cal/day according to livestrong, but this past week I was between 1300-1500 cal/day. I weighed in this morning & I had lost 1 lb. I'm not complaining by any means it's just that this is something I have never had to deal with before.
On the gym/exercise front, I went to a gym intro class on Saturday, got acquainted with the machines and got in a mini work out. Monday I decided to go for an outdoor run instead of using one of my punches since Holly was home (in-service day) to watch the twinkies. I ran 3.5 miles (paused at mile 2 for water and to stretch a little) then walked another 1.5 miles to cool down. My current running goal is to start adding distance.
Yesterday I mowed the front yard which is 30+ minutes of walking and muscling the mower around with 6 trips to the compost pile with the bag. Then I went to a Power Pump class. Here's the class description from the brochure:
Troy Barbell Training System. The fastest way to get into shape and lose body fat. You will love the music and motivation while you squat, curl and press. Intended for all levels and designed to guarantee results.
Notice they don't mention lunges? We did them though, and lots of them. Oh, and ab work too. Yeah, it was a total body work out. I am certainly feeling it today! But in a good way. I know I shouldn't push too hard but I know I'll be a basket case if I don't do something to release some energy today so I'll have to do a little something. Maybe an upper body work out if I can find one in the On-demand listings. Or abs. Or both. *grin*
Be well!
Live, Laugh, Love!
3 comments:
Hi, new follower! What an amazing journey! What a great post too! keep on doing what you're doing!
What a great routine you have! I'm glad to hear that things are going well.
I did the same kinda class yesterday...lunges and squats and I am hurting today! I strained a muscle in my rib cage too! But I'll be alright! You are doing great Sarah!
Post a Comment