Obi was back in perfect position on the flouro yesterday. Dr said he didn't see any reason to go in and do anything. That is so not what he told me 3 weeks ago. Three weeks ago he said in no uncertain terms I was going to have to have surgery for repair. I had all but made up my mind to have him remove it instead. He then offered me a 2 cc fill. What!?
I again voiced my concerns about my nausea to uncontrollable vomiting history and my inability to keep down liquid Phenergan at times. (TMI - I've tried Phenergan suppositories in the past as well, they work for nausea but cause abdominal cramps & diarrhea later.) He offered a prescription for Zofran that dissolves under the tongue to stop any nausea in its tracks before I get to the vomiting stage.
I took the fill and we came up with a tentative plan to move forward very slowly. He thinks based on my history of fills/un-fill my band will probably ride best between 3.5-3.8 cc. I want to see how things go and how my appetite is for at least another cycle and then decide when and if I have another fill.
Wish me luck!
8 comments:
Poor you... it does sound unnerving. Hang in there, and I hope it goes well for you.
Good luck. I think just take it slow and steady and see how things develop.
That must be really confusing! Glad that all seems to be in order, good luck!
I've been MIA for a while and missed out on your troubles. I'll get caught up, but in the meantime I'm glad that surgery is off the table and hopefully the Zofran will do the trick.
Wowowow. What an outcome you weren't expecting. But what I great one I think. Can't wait to see how it is going!
Sorry you haven't been feeling well! Hang in there. Hope you start feeling better soon!
Ohhh, that just sounds poopy! Chin up Buttercup, all will end up well, I just know it!
I am being really positive that I have the same outcome as you... As for myself I know I cannot do it without the band. I need it.. LOL... I really hope the fill works for you and going slow does the trick. I also have a sensitive stomach and fills have to be done slowly or it does not work for me...
Post a Comment