Friday, June 3, 2011

Podiatrist Visit & a Cool NSV

So my plantar fasciitis has been flaring up again off and on so I went to see my podiatrist today. I actually saw his partner though,  a much younger Dr,  fresh out of residency I believe. Cute too. :) He agreed that my feet have changed with the weight loss and that I need new orthotics. I'm pretty sure my insurance covered them at 90% last time but I told him I really couldn't afford to pay the difference and asked if I could just get some store bought ones. He said No and told me they will just take whatever the insurance pays as long as it's enough to cover the cost of having them made and forgive the rest. Which is what the other Dr did last time, only he made it sound like he was cutting me a special deal because he liked me. Apparently it's just what they do. ha ha They are going to check with my insurance to verify coverage and I have an appointment next week to be casted again as long as the $ is right. Until I get the new inserts and the irritation and swelling has subsided I am to lay off high impact stuff so running is off the table for now. *pout* Guess #2 rule of the June Bloom Challenge won't be so hard to accomplish after all.

Soooo Hubby's work is hosting a dinner tonight at the local casino (catered in a ball room) for a small group of employees and their spouses. Dress is supposed to be "nice" as we are representing the corporation. I think I'll be overdressed but hubby wants me to wear my LBD:
And these shoes...yes these really are MY legs aren't they awesome? There's another one of my tattoos peeking out from my shorts too. (The brown circle on my knee is my rabbit hole birth mark, but that's a story for another time.) So here's where the NSV comes in, I went to buy a pair of pantyhose and GET THIS I bought size frickin A! I have never, never, never, never ever in my life ever purchased size A before. By the time I was at an age where I needed to wear them occasionally I was already a Q. I needed the *width* but they never seemed to come in a petite so they were always waaaay too long so I either had elephant ankles as they sagged or I had several inches rolled up and stuffed into my shoes. I'm still deciding whether or not to wear the hose tonight. My legs aren't super pale so I don't need the color even if they are just Nude and I think the gel inserts I bought for the ball and heel of the shoes might be enough to keep me from falling out of them. How do you decide whether or not to wear hose?

P.S. I went sans hose, the heel inserts popped out before I even left my house unfortunately but it was s short walk from the truck to the casino and most of the dinner was spent sitting down. The walk back out was a little painful but not too bad, but I did take them off as soon as I got in the truck. I'll wear the shoes again as long as there is no dancing and not a lot of walking around is required. ;)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your legs aren't pale at all!! I'm envious to say the least :) I am so sorry about the fasciitis though-that hurts like the dickens. Hope you heal up quickly!

kagead said...

You look great and ditch the hose. It is summer, you look hot and you are not an 80 year old grandma!!!

Show off those gorgeous gams. :)

DM

Liz said...

I vote hose too! Your legs look great, no need there!!!

Justawallflower said...

Very hot legs! and I NEVER wear hose, hate the things!

Becky said...

Wowee, such shapely legs! I hope mine are like that when I get the weight off!

Btw, I have plantar fasciitis too, and I'm going to a chiropractor tomorrow because I've been told they can treat that. I sure hope so!

Stacy said...

Your legs are looking great!! Great job. I sure do hope that the insurance covers a majority of the cost for you!!

Beth Ann said...

What great legs!!! I'm jealous in the best possible way.

Sarah said...

Looking great! Size A? How great is that?? I haven't need to buy a pair in a very long time... I wonder what size I'll need when I do.... Congratulations!

Rahshell said...

Hot Mama, your legs are amazing!! I wouldn't have worn hose either

Anonymous said...

I want your legs!

Heather said...

Major congrats on the size A hose! And i LOVE those shoes!!