My water intake has been low maybe only 32-64oz a day, the kids being home on break through my personal daily schedule off. Getting back on track with that, I had a BM the other night that had me thinking about going to Labor and Delivery, if you know what I mean.
Exercise has been good, I've treadmilled 4+ miles in an hour (combining walking and running) 2x in the past week and got an outdoor run (Week 4 Day 1 C25K) in on Jan 1st. Today should have been an exercise day but I spent most of the day visiting my hubby in the hospital.
So yeah, the last 2 weeks or so have been a stressful. Christmas time with four kids and not a lot of money can do that do you. Add to that my mother-in-law being hospitalized with pneumonia. That was a three ring cluster f-ck if you ask me. LONG history of emphysema & tendency to contract pneumonia, feeling sick for 3 days but not telling us, 2am 911 call for shortness of breath & shaking, surprise afternoon release 3 days later because the hospitals showers backed up not because she was better, discharged with orders for $400 Rx meds which neither she or we had $ for, had to get discharging Dr to change order to generic OK instead of Name brand only, time crunch because the Wal-mart pharmacy was closing at 6pm, why they didn't fill them in house I do not know. During all this Hubby was preparing for massive reconstructive surgery on his foot and was semi-freaking out about it. Also his work place is holding a vote on whether or not to Unionize so there has been a lot of attention from management and the Union so he's been up to his eyeballs with stress from that. Of course being his rock I'm right there with him.
Onto his surgery, to make a long story short he has broken bones in both feet, they have been that way for along time causing severe arthritis and degeneration of pretty much everything in there. Now that he is down 155+ pounds they were willing to operate to stabilize them. He had his right foot worked on on Monday. He's waiting to see what kind of results he gets before committing to surgery on the left. They took out some floating bone fragments, put in 5 titanium screws to bind the bones together, topped that with a bone graft from his own tibia and screwed it down with 2 more screws. He's still in the hospital while they try to get a handle on his pain level. He's on a Dilaudid pump and they've been supplementing with Oxycontin and Percocet for break through pain. He's no wuss so I know he's really hurting. I have to say he's not being a whiney baby about it but he is keeping his Rn's & Cna's on their toes!
I have been reading everyone's blogs but just don't have a lot of time to comment on everything I want to comment on. I hope you all understand.
I don't make formal Resolutions but I do have some goals for myself and my family in 2011.
- Keep up with my exercise, good eating habits, water intake and weight loss.
- Get a part time job of some sort.
- Run a 5k.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour every night.
- Get the family out of the house doing a physical activity more often.
- Have a successful deer season.
4 comments:
My goodness. Sounds like you've been through the wringer, hon. *BIG HUGS* (And by the way, I think most of us are thankful the holidays are behind us. I know I am). Sending prayers, positive vibes, and hugs to you, your Mother-in-law, and your husband!
Ugh, I hope things lighten up for you soon! That is a lot to deal with.
I'm sending good healing and peaceful vibes you and your family's way. I hope things get better!
You have a lot going on in your life. I hope it all works out in 2011
Post a Comment