Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank you Sandy Lee!!!

Following Sandy Lee's suggestion I did some research last night about esophageal spams, I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. So this morning while running after everyone else I sipped on room temperature water for about an hour. Then I made myself some malt*o*meal, I let it cool quite a bit then ever so slowly ate it in very small bites over about 30 minutes. It went down and didn't hurt. I've now been nursing a cup of coffee for about 45 minutes, don't think I'll be finishing it, I feel full. YAY! Finally a decent sized meal without pain, discomfort, or regurgitation! What a relief! Now that I know what's going on and how to deal with it I feel a lot better, hopefully it will go away like it did for Sandy Lee.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sandy Lee is awesome. This blogger support system is so great.

Read said...

Oh yay!!! She's brilliant!!

Camille said...

Gotta love the S.L.!!!!

Sandy said...

Jen from http://jenslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/ also has/had the same problem and she was the one who got me thinking about it. I did talk to my clinic and they also thought that was it. It is also known as first bite syndrome. It took about 2 weeks but I was ever so careful. You still might be too tight but see how it goes. I'm off for a fill again tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I figure spasm is happening when there is pain but no reflux. Good luck in getting this all straightened out. I don't think there is much to do except Pre-eat. Here is the post when I spoke about it. http://rollercoasterdieting.blogspot.com/2010/10/ive-got-theory-and-skittles-galore.html