Monday, January 17, 2011

Not sure what to think now.

I called the office as soon as I got up this morning around 8:40, they could get me in at 10am with the Dr to check it out. That meant I had to boogie, and fast, I live over an hour away from the office. I got there right behind my Dr, I literally watched him park his car.

After checking in and a 5 min wait he took me back to the fluoro and took some pics while I swallowed the contrast. Band placement is fine, nothing looked out of the ordinary, and if anything he said it looked a little loose. He said it's not uncommon for tightness to occur with hormonal changes and that besides PMS my hormones may be a little wonky just from the weight loss itself. We decided not to change anything.

I didn't try to eat before I left and all I had was water on the drive down and it went down fine. The contrast fluid went down fine, no discomfort. I sipped my water all the way home with no trouble. Then I made egg salad (chopped boiled eggs, mayo, sweet relish) for lunch, I gave hubby a sandwich and put a small amount in a bowl for me. I slowly ate 4 -5 tiny bites that I chewed thoroughly and that uncomfortable feeling came back. It's been almost 2 hours and it's still there. WTH?

I guess I should have insisted on taking out some fluid.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Your esophagus might be going into spasm with just the smallest bit of food. I had that for about 2 months in the fall. I started by drinking something about half an hour before solids-a glass of milk, a cup of tea/coffee, a small cup of soup. I would then take just a couple of tiny bites and chew the heck out of it. Then waited 5 minutes. The spasms stopped. The clinic agreed and we decide to prime the pump sort of speaking. A few weeks later I went for a tiny fill and it's been fine since. It is just a suggestion to see if you can calm your esophagus/pouch/band. In fact one of my worst times was eating egg salad. Go figure. Hope it all resolves soon.

Anonymous said...

So sorry. Maybe you should have had some taken out after all.

Read said...

man that sucks. I'm so glad that everything looked good with the band. Maybe Sandy Lee is onto something.... I hope you're able to figure it out very, very soon!

Mo said...

iIke Sandy, I was told by my dr to drink a glass of water (or other liquid) about 10 or so minutes before eating, apparently it can removed the mucus plug that forms around the top of the band (that causes regurgitation) and this always seems to help for me and I can really notice when I don't do it...that is usually when I have atough time with food going down, or I get stuck.