Sunday, January 9, 2011

Light Bulb Moment!

In my Catching Up post I mentioned more having bad band days but didn't go into much detail. For several days prior to that post I was getting uncomfortable/stuck/sliming/pb-ing when eating even small amounts of mushies. first I blamed myself then stress. I was starting to worry I had slipped my band, had developed and ulcer, or had a dilated pouch or esophagus and was contemplating scheduling an un-fill. I questioned hormones as well but never looked at my cycle to see exactly where I was to see if it made sense.

Anyway, Friday I got up and had my coffee and breakfast and didn't have one twinge of being uncomfortable or stuck. Same thing at lunch. Then in the afternoon I spotted a little, which is a sure sign that my time of the month is imminent, but it seemed a little early. I finally logged in to see where I was on mymonthlycycles.com. Friday was Cycle Day 23, starting again on Day 24 or 25 is not unheard of for me.  Ding! Obi, or the stomach that runs through Obi as the case is, was reacting to hormones and stress, probably not as much to do with my chewing or the speed in which I was eating as I first thought.

I was glad the tightness lifted and even more glad I have a reasonable explanation for the cause so I don't freak out in my head so bad if it happens again.

1 comment:

Silverhairedgoddess said...

I hope eating will be easier for you now - I know that I have been having alot more restriction too these last few days but I guess that's just the ups and downs of having the band!