Things went as planned and I arrived in Anchorage on Monday morning. We went straight to the hospital from the airport. She smiled when I said, "It's Sarah." She was already pretty far gone but had moments of lucidity through out the day. She never spoke more than a single word while I was there and that was only in response to being asked a question. I left around 9:30pm or so only to be called and hour later to let me know that she had passed. I then went back to be with my mom for a little while. Hubby wasn't getting quality help with the little ones and since there was to be no service I came home Wednesday.
My Nana was a wonderful, loving, open, smart, & giving woman who left a legacy in her descendants; 5 children, 12 grandchildren, & 14 great grandchildren.
Live, Laugh, Love!!
11 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to see her one more time though. May your Nana rest in peace.
How wonderful that you got to see her one more time. My sympathies to you and your family.
So sorry for your loss.
So sorry for your loss and very glad you were there to say goodbye. It is quite a comforting thing to know she isn't in any pain and had a wonderful life!
My condolences for you and your family. How extraordinary that on her last day she had small glimpses of clarity. What a gift.
I'm sorry for your loss. It is a blessing you were able to say goodbye. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
So sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds as though she had a wonderful life and left a beautiful legacy.
So glad to hear you were able to get there in time to say goodbye - that's nothing short of a gift. I'm sorry for your loss...
I am so sorry. But it is so amazing you were able to arrive to see her. Sometimes they wait for just the right moment. And that was after waiting for you. Hugs to you.
I'm so sorry about your Nana, Sarah! I'm happy you were able to see her beforehand, though. Live, Laugh, Love, indeed. Words to live by.
Post a Comment