All of my consults went very well. The nurse I saw has been banded for 3yrs at this very clinic, the Dr was great and the psych said she was approving me at the end of our session! Found out that my insurance company doesn't generally require a 6 month diet or waiting period. WOOT! I just have a two day food log and diet attempt summary to fill out and send back. They also need to get 5 yrs worth chart notes from my pcp, & ob/gyn with my weight listed and any weight loss attempts. I emailed the insurance coordinator all the contact info for where she'll need to request those from. If I haven't already I'll sign a release but I'm not going to do that it for her even though she told me to. I called my ob/gyn and they said I'd have to come into the office to pick them up and pay $1-2 per page. Dr to Dr is free. Anyway, once that is all in she can submit for insurance approval, they then have 30 days to respond. Barring UHC playing games (and me not being able to come up with my up front costs) I could be having surgery in the next 2-3 months instead of the 6-7 I was anticipating. Double WOOT!
Edited to add: We also revised my goal weight to a more reasonable, manageable one once I get there hence the change to my ticker. :)
3 comments:
Sounds like your consults were speeding right along! I hope that your surgery comes soon as you are hoping!! I'm crossing my fingers for you! (And thank you for visiting my blog!) Christine (www.phoenixrevolution.net)
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can have the surgery sooner than you expected!
Wow...fabulous. Let's hope for a quick approval!!!
Post a Comment