I made the tuna steaks for hubby and myself a couple of nights ago. Topped it with a peanut sauce and served with rice & sugar snap peas. Very, very yummy not fishy at all even without the sauce.
Last night I made grilled marinated chicken breasts (recipe) served with quinoa & broccoli from the garden that no one touched because we found a caterpillar in the pot after it was cooked. I made the quinoa with just water & no seasonings so we could get an unadulterated first taste. Kids said it tasted just like rice. The Boy put a little soy sauce on his as did I. The texture is different than anything I've had before but not bad. Next time I'll use chicken stock and/or add some seasoning to add some character.
Not much else to report except that hubby is officially 100 pounds down from his highest pre-op weight. He is looking great and feeling healthier everyday. *ahem* It's true what they say about men gaining inches when losing pounds...we're like a couple of newly weds again. If you know what I mean. tee hee
4 comments:
congrats to your husband for 100 pounds loss! That's terrific!!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net
woo hoo I'm glad you tried my wine herb chicken recipe :) Its a favorite at our house! Quinoa I have to agree is way better with soy sauce, and its awesome made with chicken stock. Thanks for the shout out and happy cooking!
Wow,,,,have I missed somewhee that your hubby is banded???? Congrats and I have to try quinoa!!!
He didn't think he had the will power/self control needed for banding so he chose gastric bypass. He started his pre-op diet in late January weighing 392, had surgery March 5th weighing 367, and weighed in at 285 last night before bed. :)
Post a Comment